Do you share a water supply and pay us on behalf of your neighbours as well?
If so, the £50 reduction applies if you and your neighbours have properties liable for Council Tax. The person, who has an account with us, should pass on the reduction to the neighbours paying them for water and/or sewerage services.
Top 5 points you need to know:
- If you pay for water and sewerage services used by your neighbours, each household liable to pay Council Tax qualifies for the £50 reduction.
- You must claim the reduction and tell us how many separate Council Tax paying households are covered by your bill.
- To claim the reduction you need to fill in a Reseller Registration Form [60kb].
- As a "reseller" of water services you have a legal responsibility to pass on the £50 reduction to your neighbours.
- If you bill any neighbour less than £50 for their yearly water and sewerage charges, you will only get a reduction equal to that amount to pass on to them.
Download the Reseller Registration Form [60kb]. Copies are also included in many customers' bills going out from December 2012 to March 2013. To claim the reduction you must complete the form. If you do not complete the form your bill will not be reduced.
If other people are paying through you for water and/or sewerage services, you are a 'reseller'. For more guidance on your responsibilities as a reseller please go to http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/consumerissues/waterresale or download A guide to water resale [110kb].