Foot and mouth
Mains work postponed due to farmers’ requests.
- SWW has postponed work on two mains modernisation schemes in the wake of local farmers' requests during the current Foot and Mouth disease outbreak.
- Contractors had been due to start work on mains pipe improvement schemes at Bratton Fleming and Tedburn St Mary.
- Both schemes are in areas in the edge of the current Maff exclusion zone.
- SWW is very aware of the sensitivity of the outbreak of Foot and Mouth disease to the local farming community.
- As a responsible utility company we took the decision to postpone work on both schemes indefinitely until the outbreak is contained.
For further information please contact Paul Breakwell, Publicity & Information Officer on 01392 443021.
Published: March 2001