South West Water's suppliers are a key element in our vision of supplying PureWater, PureService and a PureEnvironment to our customers throughout the south west. With an annual expenditure on services and supplies of some £200 million we are seeking the best suppliers in each category to support this vision.
Our requirements cover a wide variety of supply markets from construction contracting to stationery and from customer services to pipe with a large proportion of our expenditure on services delivered within the South West region.
- All major areas of recurrent expenditure are covered by framework agreements which are subject to a formal tender
- Our rigorous supplier qualification procedures ensure selection of the best suppliers in each categories
- We work in collaboration with our key suppliers through innovation and continuous improvement to drive down cost and improve service levels for our customers
- Our commitment to sustainability ensures a sustainable company, a sustainable supply chain and a sustainable region
- Our Procurement team works across South West Water to understand our purchasing requirements for goods and services and to plan how they can be most effectively delivered.
- Formal market reviews are carried out by cross functional teams led by Procurement using our ISO9001 procedures to achieve a fair and objective process
- Our procedures also ensure compliance with EU Procurement regulations and other regulatory requirements
- Purchases are subject to South West Water's standard Terms and Conditions although formal contract conditions may also be used where appropriate