Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure people from all walks of life can have access to our pages.
Below you will find tips on how you can change your browser setting to better suit your needs.
- Shortcut keys
- Screen magnification
- Changing screen colours
- Viewing the full screen
- To change the font size on Netscape Navigator 6.2 and 7.0
- To change the font size for Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0
- To change the font size using Netscape Navigator 4.6
This website makes use of access keys that are intended to help users who have difficulty in using pointing devices such as a mouse or who prefer to use keyboard shortcuts.
2. Screen magnification
If you change the settings and find that this does not magnify the text enough to be useful, then it is worth investigating screen magnification software. Screen magnification can magnify up to 16 times. Products vary in price depending on features, such as whether speech support is built into the program.
3. Changing screen colours
• To over-ride the default colours or colour schemes, if using Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu and choose 'Internet options'.
• When the dialog box appears, click on the 'Colours' button and adjust accordingly by de-selecting the 'Use Windows colours' box.
• Then choose the 'Accessibility' button and tick the box labelled 'Ignore colours specified on Web pages'.
4. Viewing the full screen
• To view the full screen and remove some of the browser's navigation bars, press F11 once.
• Press it again to return the navigation bar Access keys
5. To change the font size on Netscape Navigator 6.2 and 7.0
• Open your Netscape browser
• Hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard and press the plus (+) key. You will find that this will enlarge the text, to enlarge again, repeat the procedure
• Keep repeating until the text is enlarged to your requirements
• If you need to make the text smaller, press ctrl on your keyboard and the minus ( - ) key
6. To change the font size for Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0
• Open your browser
• Choose the drop-down menu at the top of the window of the browser marked View
• A list of options will appear in the drop-down menu - choose text size
• Another drop down menu should appear with options including small, medium, large, largest
• Select large or largest
7. To change the font size using Netscape Navigator 4.6
• Open your Netscape Browser
• Choose the drop-down menu at the top of the window marked Edit
• A list of options will appear in the drop-down menu, select Preferences
• In a box on the left hand side of this window you will find a list of choices.
• At the top of this box you will see the word "Appearance" and under that, fonts and colours.
• Select Fonts. In the box will be the text for the encoding and a drop-down box. It will read "Western". Underneath this, there will be the text variable width font and a drop-down box.
• Select the box and a drop-down menu should appear.
• Now choose "Arial".
• In the box next to this there is the text "Size". Choose the drop-down box and select 18
• Underneath this there will be the text fixed width font and a drop-down box. This should already be set by default to "Courier New".