South West Water triumphs at awards ceremony
South West Water walked away with first prize in the 'sustainability' category at Wednesday (21 May) evening's second annual Water Industry Achievement Awards ceremony in Birmingham.
The ceremony, which took place at the International Conference Centre, looks to recognise and reward excellence in the UK water industry over the past 12 months.
The award is in recognition of the hard work South West Water has invested in its suite of schemes set up to help customers save water and money: The Business Accounts Online Service, Water Efficiency Audits and the Water Efficiency Certification Scheme.
Rob Wynn, South West Water's Business Customer and Conservation Manager, said: "We are really proud to have won this award. The business customer and conservation team here at SWW has always worked hard to understand our customers' businesses and then strive to make sure that they are getting best value for money from our water and waste water services. It is great to have this work recognised by this award.
"Clear synergies exist between our customers' aims in terms of water conservation and our own environmental objectives. We identified the need to provide a range of tools and support which help businesses in monitoring and managing how much water they use and ensure they waste as little as possible."
Customer Services Director, Monica Read, said: "We are so pleased to have won this award. Working closely with businesses in the region to support them in using water more efficiently is something that is core to us and forms part of our ongoing plans.
"Winning this award just shows how businesses can work together to share knowledge and experience then use technology to bring in, monitor and manage positive changes for the good of the wider environment."
Published: Thursday 22nd May 2008
NOTES TO EDITORS
- SWW's work with business customers uses advice, technology and incentives to promote water efficiency.
- Part of the package of services is the Business Accounts Online (BAO)Tool which SWW first developed in 2001 (believed to be an industry 1st it was shortlisted in the 2002 Utility Industry Awards). BAO provides secure log in access to consumption and billing data, consumption trend analysis and a range of other tools including:-
- Interactive flow monitor data logging (believed to be an industry 1st)
- A budget forecasting tool.
An embedded carbon calculator (an industry 1st)
- A water efficiency calculator (an industry 1st)
- A key part of the service package is what is understood to be another industry first, the Water Efficiency Certification Scheme. Launched in November 2007, South West Water has, through a series of seminars, worked with 60 customers who are progressing towards certification and has 25 recent requests in progress. For further information on this service, please visit: http://www.southwestwater.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=4103
- Richard Power and Juliet Ware from Exeter's Silversprings Hotel were invited to the awards ceremony as guests of South West Water. They were awarded the first 'exceptional' certificate of the Water Efficiency Certification Scheme. Please see: http://www.southwestwater.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=4118
- We currently have over 300 users of our Business Accounts Online service. More information can be found here: http://www.southwestwater.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=228&redirect=1412