Sustainability for suppliers
We have a strong commitment to sustainability and this is a key approach to the goods and services we buy. We aim to be a sustainable company with a sustainable supply chain.
Our procurement process sets the standards for each supplier to follow:
- Assess and manage key environmental risks.
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Focus on waste reduction, recycling and the waste hierarchy.
- Measure their carbon footprint and target reductions.
- Think 'one planet'.
- Have formal environmental management systems appropriate to their size. Larger companies are expected to be certified to ISO 14001 (or equivalent) by a certification body with IAF body member accreditation.
- Be financially sound.
- Operate a sustainable cost model providing a fair wage for employees and timely payment of suppliers.
- Support an open book approach to cost, encouraging collaboration and driving sustainable cost reduction.
- Maximise the benefit for the economy and employment in SWW's region.
Social and Ethical
- Operate to the highest ethical standards.
- Accept our Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Comply with provisions of the Bribery Act 2010.
- Declare any personal interests.
- Comply with international labour standards in accordance with the principles of the International Labour Organisation Conventions.
- Support sustainable local communities in their areas of activity.
- Adopt appropriate ethical standards for global trading (ETI, SA 8000, UN Global Compact)