Our WaterCare tariff has been designed to help you if you have a very low income.
We can offer you a reduction on your water and sewerage charges, if you meet these conditions:
You are on a meter or on assessed charges and;
You or someone in your house receives one of the following means tested benefits:
- Housing benefit
- Income support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income based Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit (guaranteed element)
- Universal Credit (housing element or standard allowance element)
In addition to the above, your ‘equivalised’ weekly income, after housing costs, must be less than £295. Equivalised income is actual money income which is adjusted to reflect the size of a household. For example, an income of £200 is worth more to a single person than it would be to a family with 3 children. We’ll work out your equivalised income based on the details you supply.
To qualify for the WaterCare Tariff, your household bill should represent more than 5% of your equivalised income after housing costs
The Tariff is made up of five bands offering a percentage reduction off the standard metered charges ranging from a 15% reduction to an 85% reduction. Customers will be placed on to one of the WaterCare Tariff bands appropriate to their household circumstances based on the qualifying criteria.
You can apply by completing our WaterCare Application Form and returning it to us, along with your supporting documents (listed within the application form) to: FREEPOST WATERCARE TARIFF (no address details needed)
Want to speak to one of our people about the support available?
- Speak to us online, through our web chat
- Contact us to arrange a visit from one of our WaterCare advisors
- Call us on 0344 346 1010. We’re open 8am – 6pm Monday to Fridays and 9am – 1pm Saturdays.