Our WaterCare tariff has been designed to help you if you have a very low income.
We can offer you a reduction on your water and sewerage charges, if you meet these conditions:
You are on a meter or on assessed charges and;
You or someone in your house receives one of the following means tested benefits:
- Housing benefit
- Income support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income based Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit (guaranteed element)
- Universal Credit (housing element or standard allowance element)
In addition to the above, your ‘equivalised’ weekly income, after housing costs, must be less than £295. Equivalised income is actual money income which is adjusted to reflect the size of a household. For example, an income of £200 is worth more to a single person than it would be to a family with 3 children. We’ll work out your equivalised income based on the details you supply.
There are 3 bands of reductions:
- 50% reduction if the weekly equivalised income is less than £170
- 25% reduction if the weekly equivalised income is less than £235
- 15% reduction if the weekly equivalised income is less than £295
You can apply by completing our WaterCare Application Form and returning it to us, along with your supporting documents (listed within the application form) to: FREEPOST WATERCARE TARIFF (no address details needed)
Want to speak to one of our people about the support available?
- Speak to us online, through our web chat
- Contact us to arrange a visit from one of our WaterCare advisors
- Call us on 0344 346 1010. We’re open 8am – 6pm Monday to Fridays and 9am – 1pm Saturdays.