Our WaterSure tariff can help you if you have a low income and use a lot of water. You need to be  on a meter (or assessed charge). The WaterSure tariff caps your yearly bill regardless of the water you use.

Eligibility criteria

We can cap your water and sewerage charges, if you meet the following criteria:

  • You are on a meter (or an assessed charge if a meter cannot be fitted)
  • You or someone in your house receives any of the following benefits or tax credits:

        Income Support
        Income–based Jobseeker's Allowance
        Income–based Employment and Support Allowance
        Housing Benefit
        Child Tax Credit (other than just the family element)
        Pension Credit
        Working Tax Credit
        Universal Credit

  • You have 3 or more children under 19 years old living in the house for whom you’re receiving child benefit or you or someone living in your house has a certain medical condition that means you have to use extra water.

WaterSure charge

The capped annual WaterSure tariff charge for 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 is £483.19 (£533.19 less £50 government contribution)

This is broken down as below:

£217.16  for water
£316.03 for sewerage
less £50 government contribution

How to apply for WaterSure?


Complete the online application form below

Call our helpline 0344 346 1010

Our billing team are available 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 1pm on Saturday.

Text relay: please ring 18001 followed by 0344 346 1010

Minicom: 0800 169 9965

Download the WaterSure Application Form and return it to us, along with your supporting documents (listed within the application form) to: WaterSure, PO Box 643, Exeter, EX1 9ND


Are you, or someone in your household receiving any of the following benefits or tax credits?

Fill in this section if you are applying because of a medical condition

If you don’t have a copy of a repeat prescription form or a doctor’s certificate available, you can proceed to the next step. We reserve the right to check for evidence at a later date.

Fill in this section if you are applying because you have a large family

I confirm that the person who receives benefits or tax credits is responsible for, and claims Child Benefit for, three or more children under 19 who live with them permanently.