Are you passionate about the environment? Do you want to make a difference in an industry that provides vital services to millions of people every day, as well as gaining a real insight and understanding in to how our business works throughout Operations, Engineering, Projects, People and Performance?
If so, we would really like to hear from you.
We are launching our Graduate Management Programme for 2021 where we have vacancies for 20 Graduates to welcome in to the business who will work with us to bring their talents share their enthusiasm, motivation and become our Managers of the future.
Why join South West Water?
Joining South West Water offers you the chance to help shape the lifestyle of your community and protect our environment. It’s important stuff so we can honestly say you’ll have real responsibility, real variety and real satisfaction. We will be looking to you to help us innovate, create, and affect change that will positively impact our 1.7 million customers across the South West region.
If your career is just beginning, South West Water can give you a head start by joining this years’ Graduate Operational Development Programme. You will need to be in your final year of your degree or have recently graduated.
Our people are proactive, lifelong learners, harnessing each other’s diversity of thought, experiences and perspectives. We believe this is important in building our capability and making better decisions.
Why not join us to explore your potential?
How does our Graduate Programme work?
The Programme will launch in September 2021 and is open for 20 graduates to participate. It is a full-time, permanent opportunity working in our Operations Business, based in the South West region.
During this time, we help you discover your potential through a range of learning opportunities through:
- An induction program where you will network with colleagues in our business and learn more about us, the Graduate programme and development opportunities,
- The two-year programme will comprise of two 9-month and one 6-month rotations, enabling you to gain practical experience in our core business areas:
- Customer Service
What can you expect?
Your work will make a meaningful contribution and make a difference to our customers.
You can expect:
- Hands-on experience with varied, challenging projects. You will have the flexibility to choose your career path as you rotate across different teams within our Operations Business. You will be able to set and achieve real goals as you take on challenging and varied work.
- Ongoing learning and development. You will receive ongoing training to equip you as a future leader throughout the two years. Your supervisor will support you and give you the tools and training you need on the job.
- Support and networking opportunities. Your buddy and supervisor will support you when you start and throughout the year. You will be able to build networks with your fellow graduates as well as senior leaders across the business.
- Your health, safety and wellbeing to be our priority. We respect and value the needs of our people to ensure they have the right work-life balance.
What do we want from you?
We are looking for graduates who are lifelong learners with innovative, creative and open minds.
You will need to:
- have completed your undergraduate degree the previous year, or be due to complete it this year,
- be a team player,
- be curious and be keen to discover more,
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- be flexible and open to change.
How to apply?
If you’ve decided to visit this page, then you are probably seriously considering applying to join our Graduate Operational Management Programme. Or perhaps you are even ready to apply.
You will need to need to fill in an online application form, upload your CV and a Cover letter. As part of your application, you will be required to record a video clip of yourself responding to three questions. To apply: https://vacancies.southwestwater.co.uk/job/149347
The closing date for applications is 16 April 2021 and you will hear back from us after then.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline?
16 April, 2021
Is there a minimum degree classification?
No, we will consider all classifications, from all disciplines.
Can I apply if I have already graduated?
Yes. We will consider your application if you have graduated in recent years.
Do you provide sponsorship?
No, we can only consider UK citizens
How do I apply?
You can complete your application form and upload a video of yourself answering three questions via our website: https://vacancies.southwestwater.co.uk/job/149347
What is the recruitment process?
If your application is successful you will have a preliminary chat with one of our team who will tell you more about the Graduate Operational Development Programme. You then will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre.
What happens at a Virtual Assessment Centre?
During the Assessment Centre, there will be assessed sessions. We evaluate a range of skills across different exercises including a group exercise, an individual exercise and a strengths-based interview. You will receive your own pack of information pack outlining your schedule for the Assessment Centre.
What is the salary?
£25,000 plus benefits. To read more on this click HERE
When does the Programme start?
Where could I be based?
You will be based in our Head Office in Exeter, in one of our regional offices or in one of our treatment works, so you will have a full drivers license.
What will my work involve?
All our employees work as one large team to deliver our business plan and provide the services our customers expect from us. The link below outlines our 5-year business and provides some insight into the work you’ll be supporting in helping us deliver our New Deal for customers.
Will I need to work shift patterns?
Clearly, we are not a regular 9-5 business as our customers need our services 24 hours a day, whatever the weather. Some of our front-line employees work shift patterns to deliver our essential services but we don’t anticipate this will include you. What we require from you, as we ask from all our leaders, is a flexible approach to ensure our employee are supported as and when needed.
What happens when the Programme finishes? Will I still have a job?
As a Graduate at South West Water, you will be on a permanent contract. Towards the end of the two-year Programme, we will work with you to identify opportunities within the business that are aligned with your career goals ensuring the right fit for you and the Business needs. Once the Programme ends and you start a permanent role in South West Water, we will continue to support you and your career development journey.
I have a question that isn’t covered in the above, who can I contact?
You can email us at Talent@Pennon-group.co.uk