Charges announcementIMPORTANT NEWS  - Codes for Adoption (Self Lay) consultation is currently open. Closing date is 26 November 2018 . Please click here to find out more.

First time sewerage

Banner image

Areas not connected to the main sewerage system may qualify for mains connection under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991.

If you’ve got a cesspool or a septic tank which is causing you and your local environment a problem, you can find out if you can have a public sewerage system.

Take a look at our First Time Sewerage Information leaflet

Do you qualify?

  • The application must be for 2 or more existing properties with a domestic element of drainage

  • The properties must be at least 30 metres away from the public sewer

  • An environmental and / or amenity problem must exist or be likely to arise with the existing private system.

If you’re building a new property or you require a connection for a single property, you’ll need to make a sewer connection application.

Application form and guidance notes

If you qualify for a First Time Sewerage evaluation, please complete the application form and return to the Developer Services Planning Team.

Please see our guidance notes to assist with completing this form.


Please complete all sections and provide all relevant information so that your application can be processed as quickly and accurately as possible.

How can we help

Quickly find what you are looking for...

Developer services View all
View all