What do I need to do when I move?
Faq search

What do I need to do when I move?

We know moving can be a stressful time with lots of things to do.

Take a look at our handy moving house checklist to help you get everything sorted:

  • Meter reading
    Take a meter reading on the day of your move for the property you are moving out of and your new home. Your meter is usually installed in the path outside your drive or garden.
  • Let us know!
    Complete our form to let us know your moving details. If you're registered with MyAccount then you can update your details quicker here.
  • Stop Tap
    It’s a good idea to find out where your internal stop tap is in your new home in case you need to turn off your water. It’s usually found under your kitchen sink.
  • Check for leaks
  • Order your free water saving devices
  • Manage your account online
    The easiest way to manage and view your account is with our online My Account. As soon as you have your customer reference number which can be found on your bill, you can register for My Account and you'll be able to:

    • Make payment online
    • Let us know you’re moving
    • Give a meter reading
    • Apply for a water meter
    • View payment details and plans


You may also find the free downloadable home-moving checklist from Which useful.

Good luck with your move.

Did you find this useful?