Do I need insurance cover for drainage emergencies?
Faq search

Do I need insurance cover for drainage emergencies?

We are responsible for the public sewers including manholes and covers, so any blockages or flooding problems from the public sewer would be dealt with by us. There's more information on our sewer flooding page about responsibilities, what causes sewer flooding and how we can help.

If you’re a homeowner, you’re responsible for pipework inside your home and for private drains on your land, therefore you may want to consider taking out an insurance policy to cover you for emergencies like a burst pipe or blocked drain.

You should first check if your existing home insurance or other policies provide the cover that suits your needs.

We work with HomeServe, one of the UK’s leading home assistance providers. HomeServe offers a range of home emergency solutions for homeowners including Plumbing and Drainage Cover. You can find out more information here which will help you decide if cover through HomeServe is right for you.

Did you find this useful?