Benefiting the community
Having a positive long-term effect on the economy, people and quality of life in the region.
As a major employer and key infrastructure provider, we know our actions affect the communities we serve. We play a critical role in the region, and our vision is to sustainably improve our services while having a positive impact on the communities we serve and the people we employ.
We are able to support the economy of the South West by ensuring that our activities have a positive impact on recreation amenities such as bathing waters, river water quality and supporting leisure activities at our reservoirs. Visited by 1.9 million people in 2016, our lakes and reservoirs are already destinations for both those who live in the region and those who visit.
The recreational, conservation and public access opportunities at these sites are managed by South West Lakes Trust. Working in partnership with the Trust we will continue to back their aims to provide more access, education and leisure opportunities, while ensuring the protection of wildlife and the natural environment.
Did you know?
- Since 2010, South West Water has supported 830 beach cleans which have collected 121 tonnes of rubbish.
Our goals for 2050
- Be the region's employer of choice and invest in skills for future generations.
- Support our natural environment and amenities and help to protect the region’s wildlife.
- Continue to build links with local agencies, businesses and community groups.
- Work with local schools, colleges and academic institutions.