Making your water bill work for you with WaterSure

No one should worry about their water bill, that's why we've got a range of help available for those that need it.

Our WaterSure tariff helps if you're on a lower income and if use more water than the average household. It works by capping your yearly bill regardless of the amount of water you use.

To make it easier for you to apply for WaterSure, complete our online form below, it should only take 5-10 minutes.

How do you qualify for WaterSure?


To be eligible for WaterSure you need to :

  • Have a meter (or an assessed charge if a meter cannot be fitted)

You, or someone in your house, must receive one of the following benefits or tax credits:

  • Income Support
  • Income–based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income–based Employment and Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit (other than just the family element)
  • Pension Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit

Finally, you must either:

  • You have 3 or more children under 19 years old living in the house for whom you’re receiving child benefit
  • You, or someone living in your house, has a medical condition that means you have to use extra water.


You can check to see if you're eligible for benefits here.


How much do you pay with WaterSure?

The capped annual WaterSure tariff charge for 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 is £426.77 (£476.77 minus £50 government contribution)


This is broken down as below:

£200.45  for water
£276.32 for sewerage
minus £50 government contribution

How can you apply for WaterSure?

Complete the online application form below or download the PDF and send it back to us.

Call our helpline 0344 346 1010

Our billing team are available 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 1pm on Saturday.

Text relay: please ring 18001 followed by 0344 346 1010

Minicom: 0800 169 9965

Are you, or someone in your household receiving any of the following benefits or tax credits?

Fill in this section if you are applying because of a medical condition

If you don’t have a copy of a repeat prescription form or a doctor’s certificate available, you can proceed to the next step. We reserve the right to check for evidence at a later date.

Fill in this section if you are applying because you have a large family

I confirm that the person who receives benefits or tax credits is responsible for, and claims Child Benefit for, three or more children under 19 who live with them permanently.



Want to speak to one of our people about the support available?

 We've made it easier for you to contact us. Don't wait, send us a message on whatsapp, facebook, or twitter, and we'll get back to you. Or, you can chat to us on webchat by clicking on the message us button to the right.

If you'd prefer to speak on the phone, please call us on 0344 346 1010. We’re open 8am – 6pm Monday to Fridays and 9am – 1pm Saturdays.





Chat with us on WhatsApp






Send us a private message






Direct message us on Twitter

Tweet us