What type of water connection are you applying for?

New water main

If your building a multiple-property household development that will have new road access, you will probably need a new water main. 

Likewise, if you're building a non-household property with a new road access, you will also need a new water main.

You have the option of getting this main, and the services to each property, laid by an accredited self-lay provider or by ourselves.  

New connection on existing main

If you need a new connection to a single new property, or in cases where it's only a small number of connections needed, then you can probably connect to an exisiting water main.

Similarly, if you are requiring a new connection in an existing building, you'll be connecting to an existing water main.

New, or replacement, water connections to existing mains must be through us.

Requisitioning Public Water Mains

If you’re developing a new site and require a new public water main to serve 2 or more properties, please click here.

Self Lay of Public Water Mains

As an alternative to having new mains and service connections installed by us, developers can arrange for the work to be carried out by qualified contractors. This process is known as Self Lay. Please click here for further information.

Self lay

Employ your own Self Lay Provider to install new water mains to a site and/or connect services to each property. If you require new or replacement water connections to an existing public water main, follow this guide.

Self lay image

Further information that you might find helpful

Isles of Scilly

On 1 April 2020, we became the appointed water and wastewater company for the Isles of Scilly. This means that we are responsible for existing water and wastewater infrastructure on the islands.

Isles of Scilly image