Aa

Do you need to update your details?

It's really important to us that we have the right information to contact our customers, especially in emergencies. If you need to change your details, there's two simple ways to do it. 

Either give us a call on 0344 346 1010 between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday between 9am – 1pm.

Or, if you're already a customer, you can do it all online with MyAccount.

Details that need to be kept up to date:

  • Your name
  • Who the account holder is
  • How many people live at your property
  • Contact number
  • Address
  • Bank details (where applicable)

Another thing that you might like to keep up to date is your meter reading. We read your meter twice a year, but if you give us more regular readings, we can keep your bill up to date all year round.

Submit a meter reading

New customer or moving house?

We know moving can be a stressful time so we'll do our best to get everything set up for you as quickly as we can.

There are a few easy ways you can provide us with your new address:

Where applicable, we'll need:

  • Your new address
  • Opening meter reading at your new address
  • Your customer number
  • Closing meter reading at your old address
  • Your landlord/managing agent's contact details
  • Bank details

If you're moving outside of our service area, we'll need a forwarding address to send you your final bill and confirmation of account closure.

Moving home

Our bills compared to the industry 2024/25

Our average bill is calculated by taking the average of all our customers' bills, including all tariffs and whether they are unmetered or metered. This average is used to compare bills across the industry to ensure fair charging.  

£486
our average bill
£473
industry average bill
Waste water treatment centre
What your bill covers
1/4

Water and wastewater treatment

Your bill goes towards the safe treatment of both you drinking water, and wastewater (where applicable). These processes are expensive to run, and we make sure we do it in the most efficient way possible to keep your bills low.

More about treatment
2 workers wearing hard hats and hi vis jackets by roadwork signs
What your bill covers
2/4

Network maintenance

This includes upgrading, expanding, fixing and replacing assets on both our water and sewerage networks. 

More improvements
2 people crouching down inspecting something found in a river
What your bill covers
3/4

Management of water resources

From reducing pollutants entering rivers, and restoring peatland, to stopping invasive species and increasing biodiversity. This also includes close monitoring of the levels in the water resources so that we can make sure that there's enough water for everyone and everything.

Our nature-based solutions
smiling customer services agent
What your bill covers
4/4

Customer services

The people who calculate and manage your bills and account, organise tariffs, provide support to our customers on Priority Services, calculate allowances in emergencies and man 24 hour helplines.

Manage my account online

Your bill explained

Your bill is made up of a fixed charge and a variable charge for both water and sewerage.

The fixed charges don't change, and are reviewed every year. The fixed charges for 2024/25 are:

Water Sewerage
Metered Unmetered Metered Unmetered
£44.72 £180.66  £60.99  £175.99


The variable charge for unmetered customers is based off the Rateable Value of your property and is charged per pound of this value.

For metered customers, the variable charge is based off how many meters cubed of water you use. One meter cubed = 1000 litres.

Sewerage charges are based off 95% of the volume of drinking water you use. It is assumed that the remaining 5% of water is the percentage of water you use but isn't put down the sewerage system.

Water Sewerage
Metered  Unmetered Metered  Unmetered
£2.0714/m3 £1.7067/£ £3.3206/95% m3 £3.8303/£

£50 Government contribution

As a recognition of the fact that we look after one third of the country's coastline and only 3% of the population, the Government are contributing £50 per household bill to help alleviate the cost of our investments on the customer.

£50 Government contribution image

Lower your bill further with a meter

As you can see from the examples above, a meter can save the average family a huge amount of money every year. It also puts you in control of your bill, as you're only charged for what you use.

Lower your bill further with a meter image

Charges in more detail 2024/25